BO/PP Consulting & Coaching has been founded to provide independent expertise to the plastics and plastics film industries based on more than 25 years of technical and management experience in product development, production management, and purchasing with leaders in the industry.
The combination of such broad experience in both the resin and the BOPP film industry is quite unique.
Joining forces with an expert and experienced manager in engineering, maintenance, and procurement has broadened the scope of services we are able to offer especially to the film industry.
Our combined track record
- Developing Polypropylene resin grades for Extrusion (BOPP and Cast PP Film, Raffia and Fibre) and Injection Moulding for Packaging (incl. pharmaceutical packaging and consumer products, homo-, random, and impact co-polymers)
- Coaching management, operators, and sales people on Polypropylene resin grades, structure / properties relation, quality assurance, and applications
- Providing Marketing and Tech Service support to Polypropylene manufacturers in places including China, Thailand, India, Arabia, Russia, and Americas
- Developing methods to select PP resin grades for BOPP manufacturing based exclusively on resin lab testing, proven in identifying saving potentials in Raw Material purchase of 4% of the budget within 1 year
- Developing BOPP film grades for both standard and specialty packaging & label applications
- Managing a 3-line BOPP film production plant, improving and stabilising quality and productivity by about 15%
- Up-grading and equipment integration projects on 10 BOPP lines from 3 different vendors (Brueckner, DMT -now Andritz-, Dornier) resulting in up to 20% speed increase, several up-grades of 3-layer into 5-layer, integration of new winders and additional or higher-capacity flame and corona treaters, design of spread rollers a.s.o.
- Developing concepts for lean maintenance management
- Designing winding programs for plastic films, esp. BOPP film
- Expertise in the full range of contact-free sensoring technologies
- Management and re-organisation of procurement of spare-parts and services incl. configuration of a new ERP system (vendor SAP)
- Post-merger / Turn-around management in BOPP production, identifying potential for a 5% increase in out-put and 8% in EBITDA by creatively optimizing product assignment to a portfolio of 14 lines at 5 sites without major investments
- Developing continuous radical polymerisation technology for in-line polymerisation / extrusion of MMA (methyl methacrylate) to PMMA
- Adapting Clean Room technology for manufacturing PMMA fibres designed for short-range data communication
Currently, our special focus is on Polypropylene resin and Bi-axially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) film. A network of partners adds to the range of our own capabilities.